- Papua New Guinea’s Covid-19 death toll nears 100 - April 18, 2021
- Water tanks for remote Torokina region in Bougainville - April 16, 2021
- Two PNGDF personnel stood down from Covid-19 awareness - April 15, 2021
Department heads and a PNG Head of Mission were officially sworn in at the Government House this week witnessed by Governor General of Papua New Guinea Grand Chief Sir Bob Bofeng Dadae.
Sir Bob officiated at the contract of employment signing ceremony for heads of department and agencies also witnessed by senior government officials.
Those that signed their contracts include:
• David Manning – Commissioner of Police & Secretary Department of Police for a period of 4 years from 3rd December 2019;
• Stephen Pokanis – Commissioner, Correctional Service of PNG for a period of 4 years;
• John Akipe – Secretary, Department of Defence for a period of 4 years;
• David Manau – Secretary, Department of Petroleum & Energy for a period of 4 years;
• Benjamin Samson – Secretary, Department of Lands & Physical Planning for a period of 4 years;
• Joe Itaki – Director General, National Youth Development Authority for a period of 4 years; and
• Moses N. Kaugl – Ambassador, PNG (Japan) Embassy with concurrent accreditation to International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO) for a period of 4 years.
The appointment of heads of departments and agencies by the National Executive Council have been cleared by the Office of the State Solicitor and gazetted.
The employment contract signing ceremony was witnessed by Secretary of Department of Personnel Management Taies Sansan and Foreign Affairs Secretary Barbara Age.