- UPNG lecturer in law says NEC validated the Supreme Court’s decision in 1982 to abolish the Police Department - May 6, 2021
- Attorney General Dr Eric Kwa and Solicitor General Tauvasa Tanuvasa advised NEC to revoke a 1976 Gazette - May 5, 2021
- New executives for the Sandaun Students Association at UPNG - May 5, 2021
Kuima Security Services Managing Director Anton Kapua witnessed the handing over of his guards to police.
He has apologised to the government, the National Airports Corporation and the people affected.
The eight security guards have been charged with one count each of willful damage during the rampage and unruly behaviour at the Jackson’s airport on March 23, 2021.
The incident forced airlines to cancel their flights in and out of Port Moresby at least for half of the day and attracted public condemnation from social media.
Prime Minister James Marape then has called for the termination of contract for the two security companies.
He described the incident as nonsense and called for state owned entities to rise above it because workplace safety was important for workers and the travelling public.
Marape has appointed Thomas Eluh to head an investigation into the airport rampage.
Police has confirmed the security guards were handed to their Criminal Investigations Division on the weekend.
The National reports KSS Port Moresby branch manager Amos Laufili said as a reputable security firm with more than 20 years of operations, its integrity was tarnished by some of its disgruntled employees who stormed the Jackson’s Airport last month angered by the engagement of another security firm by the National Airports Corporation.